Our storage insurances

Sleep tight! Our dedicated insurance covers your personal belongings during transportation and storage.

Contractual Liability, the standard insurance included free of charge

In the event of an issue, the Standard Insurance covers damages caused by the mover during the service.

At YouStock, this insurance is free and automatically included when you get your quote. It covers you in case of damages or losses of up to €100 per cubic meter, with a cap of €100 per object.

This is a practical financial guarantee, but it may not be enough if you want to store your valuable items. This is why we have another insurance on offer: the Ad-Valorem insurance.

Get a quote

Ad-Valorem, the ideal complementary insurance for your valuables

In addition to the Contractual Liability insurance, YouStock provides you with an Ad-Valorem insurance to cover your valuable belongings worth more than €100. In case of losses or damages caused by our professionals during the service, this all-risk insurance covers your belongings at their purchase or repair value.

How much does our Ad-valorem insurance cost?

The price of this financial guarantee is divided into 2 parts:

  • 0.6% of your bill for the collection or delivery of your items

  • 0.3% of your monthly storage bill for stored items

Get a quote

The things we do to guarantee a stress-free experience

Your belongings are taken care of by qualified and experienced professionals
We use professional and high-quality materials to condition your belongings
Just like your home, the common areas are also protected
Our teams wrap and protect your most fragile belongings with great care
Our professionals take care of dismantling and reassembling your furniture
We load your belongings in such a way as to avoid damage during transportation

Indispensable documents for insurance

The declaration of value, to be sent to us before your service

The declaration of value determines the total value of your transported and/or stored belongings. It also sets the compensation terms and their ceiling. It is a compulsory document which specifies: the total value of the items to be handled as well as specific items with a value in excess of the limit stipulated in the Standard Insurance, which is €100.

This information is essential if you wish to be compensated in case of damage during the service.

The waybill, to be filled in and signed on the day of service

The waybill is a document presented by our team leader at the time of your service. It records whether the service was well carried out. If not, and in case your belongings have been damaged or lost, this is the document which allows you to make a claim. Before signing it, you can write your complaints in a concise and thorough manner.

Careful! YouStock will not be responsible for damages that are not mentioned in the waybill. Please make sure to add the relevant information before signing the document

The steps to follow to make a claim in case of problems with your service

The waybill

On the day of delivery, mention your complaints regarding the service on the waybill, without forgetting to sign it.

Registered mail

Within 10 days after your service, confirm your complaints by sending us a registered letter indicating the problems encountered on the day.

The insurance file

It is only after we receive your registered letter that we can open your insurance file and begin the process.

Additional documents

If we are required to ask you to provide us with them, do not hesitate to group your purchase invoices, repair quotations, and photos of damages, etc.

Frequently asked questions

To guarantee the safety of your belongings, we have chosen Helvetia: the leading transport insurance company! A serious insurance company, which operates with honesty and a sense of responsibility.

At YouStock, contractual liability insurance is automatically included in your storage quote. However, to take out the Ad-Valorem insurance, do not hesitate to request it when creating your quote using our online tool.

If an issue occurs in your home, it is your multi-risk policy (or home insurance) that will take care of it. However, as soon as your belongings exit the premises of your home, our insurance will take over. Pretty simple, isn't it?

Like everywhere else, some items cannot be covered by our insurance: plants (which we advise against storing), perishable products, and monetary items.

This is possible with some insurance companies. If you wish to use your home insurance to cover your belongings, don't hesitate to check with your provider to see if they offer this type of service. If they do and you would like to make use of it, you will have to inform us when you sign your quote and send us a certificate of non-use before the service begins.