YouStock, the simple and practical storage service
We collectOur professionals will come to your home to dismantle and pack your items.
We storeYour belongings are transported to and stored in our ultra-secure warehouses.
We bring backOur teams deliver the items you want to retrieve whenever you want.
Not sure whether to choose our service or a storage unit?
Unlike a traditional storage unit, YouStock allows you to store your personal belongings without leaving your home!
Calculate your rate now; our teams will get back to you as soon as possible to help you find the storage solution that suits you best.
|Dismantling and packing
|Online photo inventory
|24/7 secure warehousing
Retrieve your stored items in 1 click
Thanks to YouStock's online photo inventory, you can have your stored items delivered to you by selecting them directly from your customer account.
No more trips back and forth between your home and your storage unit - our experts will take care of everything!
Store your belongings in secure warehouses
✓ Fire protection systems
✓ Intruder alarms
✓ Pest control treatment
✓ Sealed storage containers
YouStock also takes care of your move
Moving house is a crucial step in your life, and at YouStock we understand just how stressful and exhausting this change can be. That's precisely why our professionals are with you every step of the way, offering their support and expertise to help you make the move as stress-free as possible!
FAQ - Storage and moving with YouStock
YouStock is a start-up created in 2015 that aims to help you store and/or move your belongings with complete peace of mind.
To do this, we offer tailor-made storage and removal services that are completely adapted to your needs and budget.
Unlike a traditional storage unit, YouStock offers you the chance to store your belongings without having to go anywhere!
Our experts will come straight to your home to collect your belongings, but that's not all. Dismantling, packing, boxing, protecting, transporting... our professionals take care of everything!
Gone are the days when you had to hire a vehicle to transport your belongings or look for a way to move your furniture without risking injury. Now you can finally store your belongings with complete peace of mind.
We take care of everything, from putting your belongings into storage to collecting them! YouStock creates a photo inventory of your personal belongings when you collect them, so you can order partial or full delivery of your items. Once again, you don't need to go anywhere!
When collecting your belongings, our professionals photograph and tag them with a QR code. Once stored in our secure warehouses, you can find each item directly in your photo inventory, available in your personal online space.
From there, you can order the return delivery of some (or all) of your stored items. Practical, isn't it?
At YouStock, we know how difficult it can be to determine the surface area that corresponds to your storage needs. That's why we've developed a free storage calculator, which - as the name suggests - allows you to calculate the amount of storage space you really need.
All you have to do is enter a list of all the goods you plan to store to obtain the corresponding storage area.
If in doubt, don't hesitate to ask our experts for advice at 09 80 80 66 65. They will be able to help you determine the storage space you need directly over the phone.
Furniture storage unit is a storage service that lets you entrust your personal belongings to a specialized company who stores them in a secure warehouse. Unlike renting a self-storage unit, you generally don't have direct access to your belongings when renting furniture storage, unless you ask to collect them. To help you store your belongings easily, furniture storage companies often offer packing, transport and protection services.
Self-storage, on the other hand, offers customers individual storage space where they can freely access their belongings. Storage units are rented for a fixed period, and customers can access them according to the center's opening hours. However, if you choose this solution, you'll be responsible for packing, loading and unloading your belongings.
The main difference between storage and self-storage is access to your belongings. With self-storage, the company stores your belongings and you pick them up on request. With self-storage, on the other hand, you have direct access to add or remove items from your storage unit as required.
Renting a furniture repository offers several advantages:
Security: Storage facilities offer a high level of security for your belongings. Facilities are often equipped with surveillance systems, alarms and sometimes security guards, ensuring your belongings are protected 24/7.
Optimal conditions: Storage facilities and crates are designed to protect your belongings from adverse weather conditions, temperature variations and humidity.
Flexibility: You can store a wide variety of items of different shapes and sizes, from bulky furniture to small seasonal items you don't use regularly. And you can rent a storage unit for a short or long period, and extend it if necessary. This gives you flexibility for your short- or long-term storage needs.
Additional services: Storage facilities often offer additional services such as packing, transportation and sometimes even insurance for your belongings.
Space-saving: Renting a storage unit allows you to free up space in your home, or by storing things you don't need and that are taking up too much space.
Renting a storage unit can therefore be an advantage for safely storing goods you don't need immediately, giving you real peace of mind about their security and preservation.
To choose the right storage unit for your needs, start by making an inventory of everything you want to store. This will enable you to calculate the storage area and, consequently, determine the size of the storage unit you'll need.
- Location: Choose a storage unit close to your home if you plan to access your belongings frequently. Otherwise, if it's for long-term storage and you don't need frequent access, consider more remote options to potentially save on costs.
- Security: Make sure the storage facility has adequate security measures such as surveillance cameras (24/7), alarm systems, secure fencing and, if possible, guards.
- Cleanliness and maintenance: Check that the facilities where your belongings will be stored are clean and well-maintained. This is a good indicator of the level of care given to your belongings.
- Air conditioning/humidity control: If you're storing items that are sensitive to heat or humidity (wooden furniture, special fabrics...), make sure the storage facility offers air conditioning or humidity control options to preserve your belongings.
- Insurance: Find out about the storage company's insurance policy. Some facilities offer insurance for stored goods, but it may be a good idea to take out additional (ad-valorem) insurance for extra protection.
- Cost and rental conditions: Compare rates between different furniture storage facilities, and carefully examine rental conditions, including additional charges, minimum rental period and cancellation policies.
- Reviews and recommendations: Check online reviews and ask for recommendations from friends, family or others who have used this type of service. This can give you an insight into the customer experience and the company's reputation!
All furniture repositories have a list of items prohibited from storage for reasons of safety, health and legislation. Here's the list:
Flammable or explosive items: This includes chemicals, gases, propane tanks, fireworks, combustibles, etc.
Perishable items: Fresh or unpreserved food, plants, live animals, refrigerated or frozen products are often prohibited, as they may attract pests.
Illegal or dangerous products: Anything that is illegal or potentially dangerous is generally prohibited. This includes illegal drugs, firearms, ammunition, etc.
Toxic or polluting products: Chemicals, corrosive cleaning products, used tires, batteries... These are all things that can be banned because of their environmental impact or potential for damage.
Before storing items in a storage facility, it's essential to carefully read and understand the storage company's regulations regarding permitted and prohibited items. If in doubt, don't hesitate to contact the rental company for specific information on the items you wish to store.
Storage prices vary according to several factors:
- The storage area rented: As you'd expect, the smaller the area, the cheaper it is. The price of a storage unit increases in proportion to the volume rented.
- The location of the furniture repository: Prices can vary considerably depending on geographical location. Storage facilities located in urban or high-demand areas can be more expensive than those on the outskirts.
- Duration of rental: Many furniture repositories offer sliding-scale rates for long-term rentals. A contract covering several months will therefore be less expensive per month than a monthly rental.
- Additional services: Some furniture repositories offer additional services such as insurance, packing materials, transportation, etc. These services, adapted to your needs, can influence the total cost of the service.
- Seasonality: In some regions, rates can fluctuate according to the season. For example, demand for storage may increase during the moving season, leading to a temporary rise in prices.
On average, the monthly cost of a storage unit can range from a few dozen euros to a few hundred euros or more, depending on these variables.
We recommend that you request quotes from several furniture storage companies to compare prices and services.
Security in a furniture storage facility is paramount to protecting your customers' belongings. Here are just a few of the common measures implemented to ensure security in these facilities:
- Video surveillance and intruder alarms: Furniture repositories are often equipped with video surveillance systems that record 24/7 and are monitored in real time. Alarms are also installed to detect any suspicious activity.
- Access control: These facilities are controlled and restricted, as only customers and staff are allowed in and out.
- Guarding: Some furniture repositories have on-site security personnel or regular patrol services to ensure constant surveillance and deter suspicious activity.
- Fire detection systems: Fire and flood detection systems are installed to protect customers' belongings from these potential risks. Some furniture repositories are even equipped with automatic fire suppression systems.